Another relative newcomer to the world of Nigerian online sports betting, 22Bet has only been around in Nigeria since 2017 but has already managed to get itself noticed in what is undoubtably a very packed business niche. It has taken a slightly unusual approach in that it promotes its slots and casino section almost as much as it does its sports betting options.
22Bet is a sports betting company that is based in the United Kingdom, and as such has a United Kingdom Gambling Commission licence. This is great news for people in Nigeria too as the UKGC is one of the leading and most trusted online wagering licence providers in the world. For people in Nigeria though licensing has been gained via the Anambra State Gaming Company, which is something we have not heard of before. This, after some research, we discover to be a legitimate gambling licensee provider.
22Bet Facts and Figures
Table of Contents
- 1 22Bet Facts and Figures
- 2 Is 22Bet a Reliable Betting Site?
- 3 22Bet Bonus Offers
- 4 How to Register and Create an Account at 22Bet
- 5 22Bet is More Than a Betting Site: Casino Games and More!
- 6 How to Deposit and Withdraw at 22Bet
- 7 22Bet Mobile App for Android and iPhone
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9 Pros and Cons?
- 10 Overall Rating of 22Bet
If you are new to 22Bet in Nigeria then the fantastic news for you is that you can grab yourself a welcome bonus worth up to ₦50,000. This offer is only open to new players at the site, and only on your first deposit there. You also get 22 ‘bet points’ for sports betting.
You can deposit as much as you want, but to get a bonus your initial deposit must be for the equivalent value of €1 or $1. If you’d prefer to play in the casino, then you can get a bonus up to a maximum of ₦130,000 there. Bonuses cannot be switched between your sports betting and casino bonus accounts, though.
If you make any winnings from your sports betting bonus then you will need to perform some wagering before you can withdraw. This is five times the bonus amount using accumulator bets only. Each accumulator bet must have a minimum of three selections, and all three selections within the acca must have minimum odds of 1.40 or 2/5. Any bet that does not meet this criteria will not be eligible for your wagering expectations.
If you chose to take the casino bonus instead then you will have your own set of wagering expectations. Refer to the bonus offers’ T&Cs before you use your bonus.
All bonuses must be wagered within seven days of you be awarded your bonus. Note that you are unlikely to be able to claim a bonus if you use a cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin to make your initial deposit.
Is 22Bet a Reliable Betting Site?
As we mentioned in the introduction, 22 Bet is a UK operation and has licensing from the United Kingdom Gambling Commission. This means that you can rest assured that this site is legitimate and reliable, even though the UKGC licence does not cover players in Nigeria.
If 22Bet was an unreliable betting site then the UKGC would have heard this news and would have revoked their UKGC licence. As this has not happened then you can be certain that 22Bet is a site to be trusted, for players all over the world.
Great alternative for Bet9ja.
22Bet Bonus Offers
Apart from that welcome bonus 22Bet does offer a number of other bonuses that you should use to your advantage, or how you see fit. Such bonuses can be viewed via the ‘Bonuses’ button in the site’s top menu. For example, the site offered – at the time of writing – a reload bonus available every Friday (handy for a weekend of sporting action) worth ₦40,000. This is a 100 percent matched deposit bonus.
There are bonuses for casino players too, including the chance to gain free spins every day, or to take part in a weekly slots race where you can win a share of a sizeable jackpot.
It is always best to pay close attention to the ‘bonuses’ page at the 22Bet sports book site so you do not miss out on anything!
How to Register and Create an Account at 22Bet
The registration process at Bet365 is completely painless. To get started all that is required of you is to click the ‘Registration’ button in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
There are two ways you can register – the first (and easiest) is to use your mobile phone. Just enter your mobile phone number and click the ‘Send SMS’ button. After a few moments you should receive an SMS message from 22Bet. Enter the code you receive as part of this SMS message and click ‘Confirm’. If the code you entered was the correct one then the green ‘Register’ button will become available. Choose the naira as your currency, agree to the T&Cs then click ‘Register’ – that’s all you need to do.
The longer alternative involves entering your email address, first name, surname and your chosen password. Choose ‘Nigeria’ as your country and ‘NGN’ as your currency. Agree to the T&Cs and click ‘Register’.
No matter which registration method you choose you will be given an ID. Use this ID and your password whenever you want to log in to the site.
22Bet is More Than a Betting Site: Casino Games and More!
As we have already mentioned, 22Bet seems to like to promote its casino and slots games just as much as it promotes its sports betting operations. There are four ‘no sports’ sections that you might be interested in exploring:
- Online Casino: Here you can play all those casino and slots games that we keep talking about. There are a tremendous number of online slots here, from around one hundred different providers. Some big-name providers whose games are available include Betsoft, Microgaming, Netkan and Pragmatic Play. If you move to the casino you’ll also find blackjack, roulette, baccarat and dice games.
- Live Casino: Here you can play live dealer games from a high number of different live casinos. You will have access to live casinos powered by Evolution Gaming, Pragmatic Play, Vivo Gaming and others. Every pastime that you expect of a casino is here, including blackjack, roulette, baccarat and casino poker.
- Virtual Games: Five providers including Leap Gaming and Global Bet are available, leading to ‘virtual sports’ such as football, tennis, horse racing, greyhounds and cycling being available to wager upon. Unlike real sporting events, games and matches are over in a minute or so, giving you plenty of opportunities to wager.
- eSports: Not exactly a game, eSports has its own section on 22Bet. You can bet on plenty of real eSports games, including King of Glory, CS:GO, DOTA and League of Legends.
How to Deposit and Withdraw at 22Bet
Like all online sportsbooks, 22 Bet tries to make it as easy as possible for you to get money into your sports betting account. There are plenty of ways in which you can do this at 22Bet.
The full list is as follows:
- Bank cards: Visa, MasterCard.
- Bank Transfer: First Bank, GTB, Sterling Bank, Zenith Bank, ecoBank, FCMB, Skye Bank, Access bank, CitiBank, Fidelity Bank, Stanbic Bank, Standard Chartered, Union Bank, Wema Bank, Unity Bank, Keystone Bank, Jaiz Bank, Heritage Bank, Suntrust Bank, Finatrust Bank, Highstreet Microfinance Bank, Kudimoney MF Bank.
- Internet Banking: ALAT by Wema, FSDH Merchant Bank, Providus Bank, GTB.
It seems that for players in Nigeria, 22Bet does not accept payments via eWallets or cryptocurrencies. The minimum amount you can deposit is currently ₦550. All deposits should be processed in the blink of an eye.
You are able to withdraw funds via one method only – bank transfer. Any of the bank transfer options listed above for deposits will also work for withdrawals. The minimum amount accepted for a withdrawal is also ₦550. 22Bet supports speedy withdrawals, claiming that they will process all withdrawal requests within 15 minutes of receipt. The actual process speed though depends upon the speed at which your bank processes payments, and could take up to seven business days.
22Bet Mobile App for Android and iPhone
Betting at the 22Bet site while you are out and about should prevent you with no problems, as long as you have a decent mobile phone or other device, and that you can find for yourself a reliable internet connection. Note that 22 Bet does not accept SMS betting, so if you have a non-smartphone mobile, you will not be able to use the site when you cannot reach a PC or laptop.
You can use the 22Bet mobile site ‘as is’ without going through the bother of downloading anything if you do not want to. Just open up your usual browser and head to the site as if you were surfing to any other site. The software will ‘adapt itself’ to the size of your mobile device screen, hence making your experience as pleasurable as possible.
If you’d prefer you can download and install dedicated 22Bet mobile app to your device(s). The apps are available for both iOS (i.e. Apple) and Android operating systems. If you go to the site using the device that you want to download the app upon, you will see the download options. The iOS app is only available from the Apple AppStore, but the Android app can be downloaded directly from the 22Bet site. This is an apk file that you can unpack and then install.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are virtual sports, and how do you bet on them?
- Like a computer roulette game is a ‘virtual’ game of roulette, any virtual sports game is the same – it’s a computerised simulation of real-world sports. If you are keen to bet on say, football, but there are no football events running currently that you are familiar with, then you can try virtual football instead. Games kick off every three minutes or so, and the ‘action’ is condensed into around 90 seconds.
Q. What sports and events are offered for betting?
- At 22Bet you will be able to place bets upon matched and events in the following sports and pastimes: Football, Ice Hockey, Alpine Skiing, American Football, Aussie Rules, Bandy, Baseball, Basketball, Biathlon, Cycling, Billiards, Bowls, Boxing, Chess, Cricket, Darts, eSports, Futsal, GAA Football, Greyhounds, Handball, Horse Racing, Hurling, Martial Arts, Muay Thai, Politics, Rugby Union, Rugby League, Sailing, Skiing, Snooker, Specials, TV Games, Table Tennis, Lotteries, Trotting, UFC, Volleyball and Water Polo.
Q. How easy is it to get help?
- Your first port of call if you get a little stuck at the 22Bet sports betting site is the FAQ section. Although not completely comprehensive, if your problem is a common one (i.e. that a withdrawal has been declined) then you should find your answer here.
If you need further help, then click the button at the bottom of the page ‘Get Help Here’. An online consultant (not available 24/7) will pop up and be available to answer your queries. You can also contact this online sports book via email.
Pros and Cons?
- Decent licensing promises a valid casino experience
- Super-swift withdrawals – very nice!
- As many events covered as you could possibly think of
- No eWallets or cryptocurrencies for Nigerian customers
- Site can look a little ‘cluttered’ at times as too much is going on
Overall Rating of 22Bet
22Bet has, as an international site, been available for over a decade. It’s only though since 2017 that this fine online betting site has been around for Nigeria-based players. People in Nigeria have been robbed of the chance of taking part in sports betting via 22Bet for too long, and happily now that situation has been rectified.
Make no bones about it, this is one of the finest sports betting brands available to sports bettors in Nigeria, with a higher tier license to quell any qualms about the site’s lack of authenticity. You, your information and your money are all safe here.
This is a truly excellent site at which to enjoy betting on sports and other pastimes, so why not start doing that today?