MELbet has become one of the most trusted and successful sports betting brands in Nigeria and beyond. They have not always been successful though, and when they commenced operations online in 2012 they struggled to find enough customers such was the paucity of what they, as a sports betting company, offered.
Things change quickly in the online casino realm though and that is certainly true of MELbet. The company has made the necessary adjustments which has given it the required platform to be regarded as a true sports betting brand. All in all, it still has a way to go though as not everything is perfect.
The MELbet online sports book is owned by a company called Tutkia, who are registered in Nicosia in Cyprus. You should note that although MELbet does accept customers from Nigeria, it is licensed in Curaçao, and not by the Lagos State Lotteries Board as is usual for Nigerian-facing sports betting websites.
One thing of note – despite being registered in Cyprus MELbet is actually a Russian company, and has betting shops open all across the length and breadth of Russia.
MELbet Facts and Figures
Table of Contents
- 1 MELbet Facts and Figures
- 2 Is MELbet a Reliable Betting Site?
- 3 MELbet Bonus Offers
- 4 How to Register and Create an Account at MELbet
- 5 MELbet is More Than a Betting Site: Casino Games and More!
- 6 How to Deposit and Withdrawal at MELbet
- 7 MELbet Mobile App for Android or iPhone
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9 Pros and Cons
- 10 Overall Rating of MELbet
Like most online betting sites, MELbet is keen to attract new clients and one of the schemes it uses to hopefully do that is the offer of a welcome bonus deal. The bonus deal is a matched deposit bonus worth up to €100 (or the equivalent in Nigeria Naira – you can choose the Naira as your currency when you sign up, but this bonus is offered in Euros).
To obtain your welcome bonus you need to make a deposit of at least €10. Whatever you send to the MELbet cashier as your first deposit will be doubled with the identical amount, although your bonus is paid as bonus money that you cannot cash out. You will not be awarded a bonus higher than €100, no matter how much you deposit as your first deposit at the site.
It is possible to cash out any winnings that you make from your bonus, though, but only once you have met what are known as wagering conditions. At MELbet to turn your money into cashable cash you are required to turn over your bonus on accumulators (only) five times in total. For the purpose of this bonus, an accumulator is any combination bet that contains at least three events. This is very generous as with most other bonuses the minimum number of single events used to determine an accumulator is four.
All such bets must have combined odds of 1.40 (2/5) as a minimum. Again, as far as such bonuses go this is very generous. You have 30 days from the award of your bonus in which to use it, meet your wagering expectations and withdraw. If you fail to do this before 30 days are up your bonus and any winnings you made from it will be forfeited.
Be sure to compare with Bet9ja and choose what suits you best.
Is MELbet a Reliable Betting Site?
We would struggle to say with 100 percent conviction that MELbet is a completely reliable betting site, but that is only because they have their licensing from Curaçao eGaming. With there is nothing wrong with this, we prefer online betting sites that have licensing from higher tier authorities, like those found in Malta and Gibraltar. We would also prefer it the site had licensing from the Lagos State Lotteries Board.
Having said all that, it is worth nothing that MELbet has been in operation since 2012 so if the site was unreliable it is doubtful that it would have remained in business for so long. We can therefore conclude that MELbet is very much a legitimate business, especially as they have a number of real-world betting shops too all over Russia.
MELbet Bonus Offers
Wednesdays are the best days on which to use the MELbet sports betting site. This is ‘Fast Games Day’ where you can get a bonus up to €100 and five free spins of the ‘Lucky Wheel’ when you play the Fast Games (see below) that are available at the site. You will need to deposit at least €1 yourself, which is then matched 100 percent up to that limit of €100. To withdraw winnings you need to wager your bonus 30 times over.
The site also runs weekly tournaments with fantastic prizes such as iPhones, iPads and smart watches. The tournaments are also based around fast games, and the player who wins the greatest amount of cash during the tournament period takes home the top prize. There are usually prizes in the form of free spins on the ‘Lucky Wheel’ too for all players who finish in positions two all the way down to twelve.
How to Register and Create an Account at MELbet
MELbet have taken great steps to make the registration process at their site as simple as possible. All you need to do to set things in motion is visit the site’s main page and hunt down the ‘Register’ button in the top right-hand corner. Click this and you will be taken through to the site’s registration page.
There are four ways that you can register at MELbet:
- By Phone: Just enter your mobile phone number and your chosen currency (the latter is pre-selected for you depending on your ip address). You must also select the bonus you want at this point, and any promo code you may have. Once your number has been deemed valid you will be sent your password via SMS.
- One-click: Select your country and currency and … we don’t know as we couldn’t actually get this option to work!
- By email: Choose your country, currency, name, address, email, phone number, bonus and promo code if you have one. You will need also to select a password. You will then need to validate your account via the email address you have entered.
- By social network: If you have an account with either VK or Odnoklassniki you can register at MELbet using your social media account.
No matter how you register, you log in via the green button at the top right-hand corner of all pages. Enter your email address or ID and your password to log in.
MELbet is More Than a Betting Site: Casino Games and More!
There are a further two options with the MELbet sports betting site – ‘Fast Games’ and ‘Casino’. The Fast Games section contains really basic casino and slots games. For example ‘32’ is a very old-fashioned version of blackjack, while ‘777’ is a three-reel one-armed bandit. There are all manner of games here but none of them are likely to blow you away.
The Casino is your more likely destination if you truly want to entertain yourself with slots and games. Here you will find plenty of slots games and casino table games from Real Time Gaming, Microgaming, Iron Dog Studio and ELK Gaming. There are well over one thousand games in total, including slots, blackjack, roulette, baccarat, video poker and keno. The site has a live casino too offering live casino games from no less than nine providers. You’ll be able to play any casino game you can think of here, complete with live dealers.
How to Deposit and Withdrawal at MELbet
There are a huge number of methods via which you can get money into and out of your account. If you are in Nigeria then there are over thirty, although most of them involve cryptocurrencies.
You can use the following payment methods:
- Bank Cards: Visa, MasterCard.
- eWallets: Perfect Money, ePay, Sticpay.
- Cash: Only at MELbet betting shops.
- Payment Systems: Neteller, ecoPayz, Payeer.
- Prepaid Cards: AstroPay Card.
- Cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Dash, Ethereum, Monero, ZCash, NEM, Bytecoin, DigiByte, Bitcoin Gold, Verge, QTUM, Stratis, Tron, Ripple, TrueUSD, PAX, Tether, OmiseGO, BAT, BitShares.
The minimum accepted deposit is a mere €1, or the equivalent in Naira. Deposits are processed instantly and there are no service charges.
You may withdraw using any payment system which you have previously used to make a deposit from. The minimum withdrawal is a little higher, but not by much – just €1.50. Again there are no charges, and no validation period unlike most sports books and online casinos. In fact, your money could be with you in as little as 15 minutes if you use an eWallet or payment system.
MELbet Mobile App for Android or iPhone
Mobile sports betting is incredibly popular across Nigeria today, with more and more people owning smartphones and nearly everyone having some kind of mobile device. There is a special mobile version of the MELbet site and you do not have to jump through too many hoops in order to get it. Just open up a browser on your phone and use your favourite search engine to find the MELbet site. The special-mobile optimised version of the site will appear instead of the desktop one.
If you prefer, you can download apps for MELbet in order to make your experience with this sports betting site even more convenient. The MELbet app is available in the App Store for iOS users, but if have an Android-powered device then you will need to download the app directly from the MELbet site.
You can easily place sports bets and play the very best casino games via the mobile app. All the normal functions are available too, so you can check your account balance, deposit and withdraw as well.
You will need a smartphone in order to use the mobile app for betting at MELbet. The site does not accept SMS betting.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are ‘TV Games’ at MELbet?
- MELbet hosts live streams from TV-style studios. Here you can bet on keno, lottery and bingo-style games via a software interface. The action is live and is streamed back to your desktop PC, laptop or your mobile device.
Q. What sports and events are offered for betting?
- The following sports and events are available at MELbet: Football, Tennis, Basketball, Ice Hockey, Volleyball, Table Tennis, Floorball, Handball, Badminton, Snooker, Horse Racing, Futsal, Water Polo, Rugby, Australian Rules, Chess, Boxing, American Football, Bandy, Biathlon, Darts, Ski Jumping, Skiing, Golf, Martial Arts, Sailing, Cricket, Greyhounds, Inline Hockey, GAA Football, Trotting, Hurling, Surfing, Muay Thai and UFC.
Q. What are my options if I need help at MELbet?
- There are several ways that you can get in touch with the people at MELbet if you need a little (or a lot of) help. There is an online consultant available 24/7 from the site, plus also from the site you can fill in an email contact form.
If you prefer, there’s a toll-free number you can ring, plus a list of email address you can use to get in touch with people from the relevant department.
Pros and Cons
- Easy registration process with different options
- No-fee, super-fast deposits and, more importantly, withdrawals
- Plenty of sports upon which you can place wagers
- Lower-tier licensing
- No SMS betting
Overall Rating of MELbet
MELbet has been hugely popular in Russian for many years, and it is really easy to see why. Despite that lower-tier licensing this is a very legitimate company that treats its customers fairly. You can tell that by simply looking at the range of contact options that are available. Too many sports betting firms leave you with just an email address from which you’ll just have to keep your fingers crossed that you will receive a reply.
Of course the best news for sports betting fans in Nigeria is that MELbet accepts Nigerian customers. You can use both the desktop app and the mobile one to place bets on the hottest sporting action from all around the world. It’s a shame that SMS betting does not seem to be available, but then you can’t have everything.
Get cracking with your MELbet sports betting account right now!